So the star in a square came to a positive conclusion. With my husbands help ( as i'm rubbish when it comes to numbers!), we tried to work out stitch numbers to make each side equal.
With this done, I confidently worked on the next test piece, following the pattern.
And all was looking good, until I came to the last edge, and found I had a baggy corner!!
How can that be, when it was all worked out stitch by stitch. See this is why me and numbers don't get on, there is no logic!!
So I played a bit more, worked and re-worked, until I finally got there!!
I don't understand why the last side is worked completely differently, but if it works, I guess I don't need to understand! These squares will definitely need blocking to secure their shape.
I then decided to crochet on top of the edge of the star outline, this makes it more prominent, well it is all about the star!
Thank you to readers who have given me encouragement a long the way, it sure helps to keep you going when you're ready to chuck in the towel!
I am happy with the outcome, but boy did it take a lot of effort to get there!
Now I can go ahead with actual colourway.
I've made a start on the cream stars and will put them in their squares next week. Wish me luck, for it to continue smoothly till the end....
Also on the side, I did knock up another test square. This was to go with the daisy chain I made previously,
so I wanted a daisy on a square. To my relief this worked up nice and quickly.
Obviously I won't be going ahead with these horrible colours, I just grabbed the nearest scraps, but think I will use a pastal combination, even though this goes against my natural instincts, as I do love a bright array of rainbow colours.