As some of my strips of squares on last years blanket were too long, I needed to come up with a plan. I decided on some mini squares, they should fill in the gaps nicely and still keep in style with the rest of the blanket.
They work up nice and quickly, I outline them in white to match their larger counterparts and slot them in the gap
I'm very happy with the outcome, and I can't wait to have it completed. Not only because its quite fiddly just sewing in ends and joining, but I can't wait to see the finished article.
Meanwhile, each day I have completed a mood flower. I can't believe I have managed to stick to doing one everyday. I'm sure there will be busier periods that I won't manage to, but I have no plans, or expectations for this blanket, I will let it grow and take shape and develop as the year goes on.
I love these little flowers, 3 different colours in each, and they link on to their neighbouring flower
I just need to make sure that I continue sewing the ends in as I go, as leaving them would result in a massive chore.
This is how they looked after 1 week
It's going to be a pleasure to watch this one grow