Sunday 16 September 2012

Finishing Touches

So this week I had a rummage through my chest, and I found quite a few unfinished items. I don't think I'm alone with the multi-project issue. I have an idea that I want to start, I get part way through or I've made a few then I come up with the next project I want to try. I thought it was about time these poor discarded items got completed.
When I was making my mini heart decorations, I thought I would try to convert the pattern to a larger size to make a heart plush. I had crocheted both sides, and even did some flower decorations.


But as I was sewing it up I felt something was missing. By then I had a new idea and the heart got pushed aside. I've now unpicked the sewing and crocheted a different coloured edging to tie in with the decoration.


So now I'm much happier with the outcome.



I've also completed another Bauble.


A red and white Nordic style one, decorated with red beads.


And I've decorated my little tree decoration.


I added little bead garlands and larger beads for baubles and the final added touch was a bell at the top of the tree!

I haven't touched knitting at all since I taught myself to crochet. So the scarves I had originally knitted hadn't had a look in as my passion for crochet took over. So again I will be finishing off, whether its just sewing in the ends or embellishing.


 I have managed to complete one and have a few more to do.



I will endeavour to carry on my good ways as I have plenty more finishing to do!  I'm not expecting to get to much done this week, as I have a hectic schedule. Its my 2nd Wedding anniversary on Tuesday. On Wednesday I have a long haul up to Derbyshire for works annual conference, plus my normal days at work.
But we have a holiday in sight, next Saturday we fly to Rhodes, and as we are both exhausted we are counting down the days...

16 comments:

  1. Lovely makes! Happy anniversary and have a lovely holiday x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the bell at the top of the tree! Really like the bauble with the beads too. Happy anniversary and hope you have a fantastic holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy anniversary. A holiday in Rhodes sounds romantic! When I pull out my w.i.p. I usually look at it with different eyes which gives me the oomph to finish it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks we are looking forward to our hol :). Yes going back to work with fresh eyes does help!

      Delete
  4. Love the heart plush and the baubles.Enjoy your anniversary and holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely makes ! Enjoy your time off - holidays are perfect fot ideas and thinking through new projects (oh, and resting, of course !)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a great feeling to actually finish something that's been lingering, so satisfying.
    Hope you have a great holiday

    ReplyDelete
  7. The bauble is my favorite. Sometimes the best things are made when we get half way making something and just think, no, better start again with this... x

    ReplyDelete
  8. so many pretty things and lovely bright colours! :)

    the new border on your heart is the perfect finishing touch and i love your Christmas bauble - sooooooo cute! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the heart now you've reworked it. I have a UFO box I need to sort out - especially a bag I've knitted

    ReplyDelete
  10. A lovely bright and cheery post, loving all the bright colours. Have a great holiday and congratulations on your anniversary.

    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm glad you finished the heart. It looks lovely

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy anniversary! The tree is so cute.

    ReplyDelete