Sunday 2 September 2012

Bracelets + Baubles

Since coming back from holiday, i've got back into the swing of crafting....
I've tried out a couple of new things too..
Macrame friendship bracelets.

I used to make these as a teenager, and as thats going back quite a way, i bought issue 16 of Mollie Makes, as they were featuring these. They covered a good variety of different styles and 'how to do's', which i could use as a reminder.


I found a great bargain pack of cotton threads, so this enabled me to have a play around and a variety of colour combinations to use.



I also tried adding beading, which was also featured in Craftseller magazine.



I was pleased with the results, although i did struggle with the fastenings, until i made an enquiry.


It brought plenty of memories flooding back..



The next project I am in the middle of is crochet baubles. Anyone who knows me, knows i'm not  a big fan of the C' word Ssshhh... (mainly because working in retail takes the magic away!) but i had ended up with some tin baubles which had got left over from xmas at work. I had kept them, with the traditional crafters way of thinking, "i'm sure i can make use of those"!!


So i finally got started.
I was pleased with the way the first one turned out. I had opted for red + green, traditional Christmas colours.


My next colourway, i chose gold and purple, nice opulent colours.



Once completed i did feel it needed something more. A bit of sparkle. So i added a ring of sequins, just what it needed!



So now i'm in the swing of these and enjoying making them, and even having to sew on sequins and beads isnt putting me off too much!!

14 comments:

  1. Loving the baubles - could you add beads in as you crochet to prevent sewing them on? I particularly love the beaded friendship bracelets. Hope you have a good week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you :) I dont know how to add beads as i crochet :/ ive only been doing crochet for a few months + teaching myself as i go!

      Delete
  2. You have been busy, love the colours on the first bracelet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, love the beaded crochet bracelet and the baubles are just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the baubles. I never did get the hang of those friendship bracelets as a teenager!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much :)
      i remember having quite a few on my wrist, back in the day :)

      Delete
  5. Those little bracelets are great. They are so inexpensive to give as presents with extra bling added on.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving all these Tanya, you have been very creative and busy. Hugs Dad x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the beaded bracelets and I like the way you have added sparkle to the baubles :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thnk you:) - yes the sparkles made a whole load of difference

      Delete
  8. Your bracelets are lovely I really like the one's with beads, very pretty. The crochet baubles are great. A tree full of them would look amazing.
    Ali x

    ReplyDelete